Financial Reporting Manager: Cambridge, MA (229484)
A fast-growing, high-tech, company in the Cambridge area is currently seeking a deadline driven, detail oriented
Financial Reporting Manager. This will be the first of its kind for the company and a great opportunity to join an explosive group, team, company! The Financial Reporting Manager will possess a strong GAAP, SEC, and M&A background coupled with the desire to work within a highly visible role. Reporting to the Controller, the Financial Reporting Manager will utilize their technical accounting skills, strong modeling skills, and SOX experience to perform the responsibilities listed below.
- Lead and coordinate quarterly (Form 10-Q) and annual (Form 10-K) SEC financial report preparation, including footnotes, management discussion and analysis and business descriptions.
- Draft quarterly memoranda to Senior Executives and the Audit Committee, outlining noteworthy topics and the impact of new accounting and disclosure guidance included in our SEC financial reports.
- Research technical accounting and disclosure issues using authoritative guidance. Identify and recommend appropriate application of the guidance in accordance with company policy, U.S. GAAP and the SEC rules and regulations.
- Manage staff, assign work, monitor activities, evaluate performance, provide coaching and guidance and promote staffing training and development
- Oversee forecasting and accounting of share-based compensation expense, including establishment of forfeiture rates, development of assumptions applied in the valuation of stock option grants and recording of quarterly expense
- Establish, review and/or evaluate accounting judgments, including revenue recognition, accounting for business combinations (specifically valuation of purchased intangibles, NOLs and earn outs), debt and equity investments in external and related parties, performance based and non-performance based stock awards, capitalized software, and other such items. Experience with transactions and modeling is a plus
- Oversee forecasting of dilutive shares outstanding for external reporting and financial planning purposes
- Participate in the process to value acquired assets and assumed liabilities in connection with acquisitions and business combinations
- Monitor, communicate and apply changes in U.S. GAAP and SEC authoritative and interpretive guidance to ensure compliance.
- Oversee accuracy of, and compliance with, the Company’s Sarbanes-Oxley documentation of share-based compensation and SEC financial reporting processes
- Support of annual audit and quarterly reviews conducted by an external accounting firm to ensure timely and efficient fulfillment of auditor requests.
- Oversee the Company’s compliance with eXtensible Business Reporting Language (“XBRL”) reporting requirements as governed by the SEC.
- Develop, maintain and communicate corporate accounting policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting of Finance
- 7+ years relevant working experience
- CPA and public accounting experience required
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Compensation Package: $135,000 - $160,000, Plus Bonus and Equity
For additional information, please forward a copy of your resume and contact information in Word Document form to Merry Doyle at email@example.com or 781-404-4300.
Up to $160,000.00
Notice to applicants: We will never ask you for bank account or other financial
information via email. Emails from our staff will only come from kbwfinancial.com.
We do not use variations of that domain name.
KBW Financial Staffing & Recruiting is the leading provider of finance and accounting staffing services for companies and job seekers in New Hampshire and Massachusetts and offers a comprehensive suite of temporary and direct placement services with an entire focus on the local market. Learn more about KBW and our opportunities at www.kbwfinancial.com.
Apply for this job online, or for faster service, please contact the manager listed above.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
KBW Financial Staffing & Recruiting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply Online Now:
Sorry, we encountered an unknown error.
Please double check your information and try again.
If you continue to have problems, please reach out to us
directly at 603.792.2345 (NH) or 781.404.4300 (MA)